Problem with update of yum

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 4 13:11:34 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani said:
> William Hooper wrote:
>
>>antonio montagnani said:
>>

>>>My update icon says that an updated package is available yum-2.0.5.fd.fr
>>>(against yum-2.0.4.2.fd.fr).Of course icon is red, I start update and I
>>>get the message that my system is fully updated, no update is needed.
>>>

>>What program are you using to update?
>>

> just the graphical up2date of Fedora.

So you mean the update icon says you need an update.

> But if I run apt(+synaptic), it says that everything is updated (with
> version 2..0.4.2.fd.fr, installed and avalable packages match): where is
> the trick?

but you run apt and it says you don't.  Is this correct?

I would try:

1) verify that your sources for the two programs are the same (does your
apt config have the freshrpms repo in it)?

2) Use up2date to do the update.

3) Assuming you have freshrpms in your yum config, use yum to update.

--
William Hooper