KDE 3.2 - kded?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Feb 4 14:40:23 UTC 2004

Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
> got KDE 3.2 and it's really good (fedora rpms from oregonstate). Just a
> small problem (think so): when i logon i have a small window showing up.
> Name is kded and i don't know what is kded about (pls forgive my
> ignorance). I can see that the kded process is running (by ps); kded
> window looks like crashed, i can't kill by pushing normal buttons but i
> can xkill and everything keeps working fine.
>
> Anybody had such a issue with KDE 3.2? Any hint on how to avoid this to
> happen all the time i logon?

$ kded --help
Usage: kded [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options]

KDE Daemon - triggers Sycoca database updates when needed.

Generic options:
  --help                    Show help about options
  --help-qt                 Show Qt specific options
  --help-kde                Show KDE specific options
  --help-all                Show all options
  --author                  Show author information
  -v, --version             Show version information
  --license                 Show license information
  --                        End of options

  --check                   Check Sycoca database only once

Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/
Kom in verzet tegen dit kabinet:
	http://www.sp.nl/