Remote Access XDMCP/VNC

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed Feb 4 18:13:28 UTC 2004

Jack,

What exactly isn't working?

The VNC4-beta server supplied with FC1 needs "-SecurityTypes=none" added
to the server_args line in your "service vnc-1024x768" file (along with
the geometry parameters, etc) to disable VNC authentication, and use GDM
instead. This is new in v4.

See this excellent article for help:

http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-03/guru_01.html (though beware it doesn't
have the "-SecurityTypes=none" parameter).

GDM/VNC works great for me.

- Mike