Printing web pages 'cuts' them up

Youssef Makki bugzilla at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 4 19:59:44 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

When I print web pages from Firebird, its like being printed on 1 big
roll of paper and then being cut into A4's; If a picture for instance
does not fit on the paper or what remains of it, I get half the image
printed on 1 page and the rest of it continued on the other. What causes
this to happen, and is it something one can change?

I have an HP Deskjet 656C on /dev/usb/lp0 using the hpijs driver with
"Convert Text to Postscript" being the only option checked in "Driver
Options".

Thanks!