Empty email from emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Thu Feb 5 12:50:37 UTC 2004

Emiliano,
I had to wait until yesterday's list posts were archived to
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/ before I could see your reply,
which I have pasted below.

I do apologize for my haste, and language, but this is very frustrating to me.

The reason I'm posting this to you and the group, is it seems that you are not
getting my personal mail to you.  I don't know why that is happening.
Perhaps a firewall rule at your company?

I have received about a half dozen posts from you to the fedora-list starting
about Monday or Tuesday of this week.

They show up in my "Inbox" rather than in my "Fedora" folder, which shouldn't
be happening, because I have a filter in KMail that sends everything with
"List-id = fedora-list at redhat.com" AND enerything with "To =
fedora-list at redhat.com" to a personal folder called "Fedora".

I don't get email from anyone else posting to the list in my inbox, it all
goes to my "Fedora" folder.

***NONE OF YOUR POSTS HAVE A DATE***
The date line always says "Unknown".
There is no message body in any of them, and, of course, I don't see them in
my Fedora folder.

My first impression is that your company mail server is the culprit, but I am
no expert.

I have absolutely no other problems with email, and no crazy rule sets in
KMail.

I can set a bounce or delete filter for your email address in KMail, but that
is a band-aid.  I would rather solve the problem than the symptoms.

If we can establish direct communication, I will work with you any way I can
to solve this.

- ----------- paste starts here ---------------

> Ok, perhaps I *was* a bit hasty.
> Sorry about that, but I can't figure out why *I'm* getting email addressed
> the list in my inbox, when I have KMail filtering set to move email <to:
> fedora-list redhat com> and <list-id: fedora-list redhat com> to my "Fedora"
> folder.

I received mail in my inbox from Gerritt Holl, once only. Its mail got
also on this list.

> He has also failed to answer my email to him asking him to please stop
sending
> me those empty emails.

Man, did you ask me something? I didn't get any mail from you. I only
saw a hasty mail on this list not really worth answering (as you already
had a answer from somebody else and looked like you were the only one
with such problem).

However, i am not sending you mails, at least not by purpose. I have no
mails to your mailbox in my sent or out folder. I have no control on my
company mail server (as you can see those guys run MDaemon on a Windoze
machine).

I'll give a call to our 'mailman' to check what's going on. How many did
you get and when did it all begin?

Sorry for any inconveniece - if any, totally out of my reach and will.

E.
- --
Charles Howse
Jackson, TN