RedHat, Fedora future?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 19:24:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 18:45, Tim Kossack wrote:

> what i meant was that the mentioned companies invest far more effort into
> usability and polishness of their desktop(s) (plugins, tools) than red hat
> does (that is, if red hat prof. workstation doesn't offer more in this
> respect than fc - and by that i don't mean access to rhn as well as
> higher reliability). i should've written "red hat has _basically_ given
> up...if i'm not mistaken, that was also the main point of the article.

So I guess having a dedicated desktop product (RHPW), and hiring more
desktop software developers is a sign of "giving up" now ?
http://www.redhat.com/about/careers/boston/

Your mails are beginning to match the theme of article.
Based on ill-formed misconceptions, misquotes and just plain FUD.

This is also getting way offtopic for Fedora-list btw, but sadly
we don't have a redhat-fud-counter at redhat.com list.

	Dave