openmosix configuration

Jonathan Christison jonbon_c at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 19:55:35 UTC 2004

Hi,
i have a openmosix cluster on two fedora machines but one has 2 network
cards this is pc1, pc1 is my main pc with access to the local network
and Internet it also has all the devises.
there's a crossover cat5e cable going from eth1 (100.100.100.50)
to the onboard network card on pc2 this link works fine samba file share
seemed to like it.
but when i try to run openmosix it gives me the error

root at blu3cat2 mnt]# /etc/init.d/openmosix start
openMosix: Using map file /etc/openmosix.map
openMosix: WARN: Invalid configuration in map-file /etc/openmosix.map
openMosix: Falling back to autodiscovery mode using /sbin/omdiscd
Initializing openMosix...
openMosix configuration was successful :)

it all works but its using a different config file and when i show
status

[root at blu3cat2 mnt]# /etc/init.d/openmosix status
openMosix: Using map file /etc/openmosix.map
openMosix: WARN: Invalid configuration in map-file /etc/openmosix.map
openMosix: Falling back to autodiscovery mode using /sbin/omdiscd
This is OpenMosix node #6
Network protocol: 2 (AF_INET)
OpenMosix range     6-6     begins at 192.168.0.6
Total configured: 1

for some reason its sharing on the wrong network (eth0) on pc1
here is my .map file if any one can help me.

# openMosix CONFIGURATION
# ===================
#
# Each line should contain 3 fields, mapping IP addresses to openMosix
node-numbers:
# 1) first openMosix node-number in range.
# 2) IP address of the above node (or node-name from /etc/hosts).
# 3) number of nodes in this range.
#
# Example: 10 machines with IP 192.168.1.50 - 192.168.1.59
# 1	   192.168.1.50	    10
#
# openMosix-#  IP  number-of-nodes
1 100.100.100.50 2