Any suggestion of buy a wireless pci card?

Mike Watson mikew at crucis.net
Fri Feb 6 01:11:28 UTC 2004

Of all those currently sold, the NetGear MA311 PCI card for PC still uses the
Prism chipset.  It will drop in and fly under Fedora.  The LapTop version is
the Netgear MA411.  Both Netgear and Linksys Wireless Access Points work fine
with these cards.  BTW, be sure to use encryption or your neighbor could be
using your internet access.  Especially if  you have DHCP running.

A problem with the current crop of cards is that the 54GHz versions are
selling, pushing out the older cards.  The chipsets used in these new cards
either doesn't exists or is of limited functionality.

There is a shill floating around the mail list pushing a commerical product
that might work.  I just don't like paying for SW when I don't have to.
That's one reason why I don't use M$.

Mike W