How to get full screen display?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 6 09:05:07 UTC 2004

Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've recently installed Fedora on my Dell laptop which has got 15.4"
> screen. I tried all available resolutions but could not get proper
> display covering full screen Can anyone help me do the setting so as
> to get full 15.4" screen display?
>
> Also, when i shuts down the system, after exiting out of GUI mode it
> displays information of services shutting down in text mode. At this
> time, the text does not display properly and i frequently get vertical
> lines on the display. Can this be rectified ?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Vikas

Not sure if yours is the same as a friend of mine's Dell laptop, but her
screen is a 1600x1200 resolution screen..

My recomendation is that you increase your resolution a step at a time
until it fills the screen.. I am guessing that it probably defaulted to
1024x768, so move it up to 1280x1024 and see if it fills the screen, if
not go up another step..

Alternatively there is usually a "stretch" option in laptop BIOS's thet
will stretch the screen image to fill the screen, of course this usually
makes the image quality really crap..

Later..