Grub not starting Windows

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Fri Feb 6 22:08:37 UTC 2004

Phil Schaffner wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 16:43, antonio montagnani wrote:
>

>>What does it mean???
>>

>Probably that you don't have permission to access /dev/hda.
>
>As an unprivileged user I get:
>
>  [prs at radar0 prs]$ /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/hda
>  Cannot open /dev/hda
>

>You need to be running as root or on an account with group "disk"?
>
>Phil

Tnx Keven and Phil,

You both are absolutely right:I missed the point, but I am trying to
help a friend of mine, so I get some e-mail from him (I will pay a visit
to him tomorrow morning), and I revert to the list
Anyway,  Windows 2000 was running also after installation of Fedora....

I hope we can help him, otherway he will miss his data bank on Windows....

Tnx

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1