USB Card Reader : How do I mount it ?

Darryl Luff darryl at snakegully.nu
Fri Feb 6 23:54:22 UTC 2004

Naoki schrieb:

> I'm all plugged in but nowhere to go.
>
> The docs I'm finding all tell me to use sg_scan from the sg3-utils
> package but such files don't seem to exist in the fedora core 1 release.
>
> Any body else using a flash card reader on Fedora Core 1 with 2.6 kernel?

If you do 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' you should see the device listed.

If so, you should be able to mount it as probably /dev/sda or /dev/sda1:

mkdir /mnt/flash
mount /dev/sda /mnt/flash
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash

If this doesn't work, try replacing the 'sda' in both of those with
'sdb', sdc' etc. sda is the first scsi device, sdb is the second ...