Netgear FVS318 router failing to connect to apache port 80

Brooks Kelley bk at kelleyhousehold.com
Sat Feb 7 23:44:55 UTC 2004

Alexander,

My firewalls are not on. I can get port 80 to respond when using another
router brand.

The Netgear FVS318 router has built functions for VPN which someone I am
working with needs so if I can get around this problem, it would be
great. Else, if I can't solve this problem, I will have to send them
back.

Anyway, WAN stands for Wide Area Network, LAN stands for Local Area
Network. DMZ is a host on a LAN exposed to the WAN by the router.

When I DMZ my host on a Linksys or a Nexland router, surfers from the
WAN ( WWW ) can surf pages on my web server located on my LAN without
any problem.

What I know is that the packets being passed on by the Netgear router
are not being parsed by the Apache Daemon because Apache does not think
the packets are meant for it. The question is why?

Other programs parse data meant for them on the DMZ host. So, why should
I be able to use Webmin, SSH, and HTTPS from the web and not HTTP?

Thanks,

Brooks Kelley
Linux+ Certified, A+ Certified