KDE 3.2 - Control Center - Sys Admin - Linux Kernel - Sorry

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 8 15:29:00 UTC 2004

Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb Brian Connolly um 04:33:
> > If /usr/src/ is empty you can't have installed the kernel source.
>
> How?

Just what I said.

> > Check "rpm -qa | grep kernel-source"
>
> Returned nothing.

Matches that there is no content under /usr/src. The command above
prints out each installed package with kernel-source in it's name. So no
kernel source installed at all.

Run "up2date -i kernel-source"

> > I am no KDE user, so what you access is for configuration of a new
> > kernel config to build a new kernel? Or is it the tool to set kernel
> > parameters saved in /etc/sysctl.conf? If last I would wonder why the
> > kernel source would be necessary.
>
> What?

I just wondered if the tool you are accessing is for configuration of a
new custom kernel or for setting kernel parameters which are then stored
in /etc/sysctl.conf. I think it is first.

> Thanks Alexander.
>
> Brian

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 16:02:01 up 8 days, 15:02, load average: 1.10, 1.16, 1.10
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]