Linus Virus Scanner

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Sun Feb 8 18:01:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 11:07, Brian Connolly wrote:
> "Why don't you search this list's archive?"

If *you* search the list archive, you'll see that Alexander is a *big*
contributor to the help here.

> Will you please stop your bitching.  It's getting really annoying.  I
> recommend you either help people or don't.  Enough with the grade-school
> reprimands for various infractions of "the rules".  I've never followed
> them; not about to start now.  So stop already.

It is *not* bitching. He is informing folks about being resourceful, as
well as answering the question.

Believe me, with sometimes as much as 300 postings a day, and answering
the same question like 30 times in a week, I believe he has the right to
tell folk to check the archives.

For instance, by checking the archives, you save:

1) our bandwidth
2) you get your answer quicker
3) you learn to become more resourceful
4) everyone wades thru less cruft