KDE 3.2 - Control Center - Sys Admin - Linux Kernel - Sorry

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 8 21:34:14 UTC 2004

Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb Brian Connolly um 19:25:

> > > Returned nothing.
> >
> > Matches that there is no content under /usr/src. The command above
> > prints out each installed package with kernel-source in it's name. So no
> > kernel source installed at all.
> >
> > Run "up2date -i kernel-source"
> >
> Name                                    Version        Rel
>
> The following Packages were marked to be skipped by your configuration:
>
> Name                                    Version        Rel  Reason
> kernel-source                           2.4.22         1.2149.nptlPkg
> name/pattern
>

> The following packages you requested are already updated: kernel-source
>

> What does that mean?
>
> Brian

Sorry, by default all kernel packages are left out in up2date. So you
have to force the update/install of kernel package. The syntax for
installing the kernel source would be

up2date -i -f kernel-source

Meanwhile I wonder for what reason you want the kernel-source and
compile your own customized kernel.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 22:32:03 up 1:14, 7 users, 0.12, 0.13, 0.09
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]