KDE 3.2 - Control Center - Sys Admin - Linux Kernel - Sorry

HD heterodox at satx.rr.com
Mon Feb 9 02:23:21 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Meanwhile I wonder for what reason you want the kernel-source and
> compile your own customized kernel.
>
> Alexander

That's a good question. I don't know about Brian, but I originally
installed the kernel-source to take care of a problem I was having
with my NVidia driver. Recently I updated to KDE 3.2 and I was poking
around to see what all the options were/did when I discovered the
error that you helped me correct. I honestly don't know if I'll ever
have a need to use this kernel configurer.... maybe when I have
learned more about linux. What I find very interesting, and a little
scary, is that when it's working any user can go to it and there is no
prompt for root password. I don't know if the password prompt will pop
up if you actually try to change something... But I'm in no hurry to
find out :)

--
HD

Tipping my hat to Fedora.