User Linux

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Feb 9 17:15:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 22:31 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> CAVEAT EMPTOR: It is my firm understanding that renewed subscriptions to
> updates will be at $60/year and NOT at regular RHEL-WS prices ($180/year).
> However, I cannot provide irrefutable evidence of this fact, so you may
> desire further confirmation of it.

If that were true, especially for RHEL AS, it would make a lot more
sense than what's implied at:

http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/purchase/

... where they say <<Red Hat's Enterprise Linux family of operating
systems is available on a per-system, annual subscription basis.>>

Notice that the single thing I would like to have is a timely access to
binary updates (I don't need any phone, mail or email tech support
beyond anything the community is willing to share, thank you).

Rui

+ So let's do it...?