Grub working on interactive mode

John Sutherland fedora at sneeu.com
Mon Feb 9 18:14:46 UTC 2004

You need to edit you grub.conf file, put ther three lines below into
your /boot/grub/grub.conf, there's some extra 'mantra' in there as well
to show you an image as the background, timeouts and other stuff, I've
attached mine as an example.

The other important file is /boot/grub/device.map is automatically
generated by the grub command, there is a 'nice' way to do but I've
forgotten, here's _a_ way to do it:

mv /boot/grub/grub.conf /boot/grub/device.map.backup && echo "quit" |
grub --device-map=/boot/grub/device.map

This will give you the device mappings for grub style device names.

Then just fix up your grub.conf and do a `grub-install` and you should
be done :)

To save a little confussion, I have FC1 on hdc2, /boot on hdc1 and WinXP
on hda2.

Hope that all works for you.

John S.