Sony Vaio GRT160 SIS Soundcard drivers. Lock-up

Jason McKenna skyshark29 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:13:13 UTC 2004

Hey all,

Recently installed Fadora Core1 with very little problems, only one as I c
an see as of yet. After all packages were installed it came to the "test
sound" screen. The first time I chose "test and hit next, my computer froze
completely forcing me to cycle the power. The next time I went through and
chose not to test the sound and the install went fine after that. Once in X
I simply muted all sound to prevent lock-ups in the future. I would love to
have sound but will probably be able to survive with out it, just wondering
if anyone else has had simular problems and perhaps found a fix?

Not at my box at the moment but will post more details later.

Thanks and love the amount of support I have seen everyone offering thus far
for others.

Jason McKenna