2GB limit on files ?

Zach Wilkinson zachw at termdex.com
Mon Feb 9 20:35:56 UTC 2004

I think this depends on the filesystem type you're saving to.  I've done
tests on JFS using dd where I was able to make 10+ GB files.
I can't say definitively but if you're saving to EXT2/3 you might be running
into a size limitation on that filesystem.  That's probably why you want
XFS, huh? :)

Zach