which file manager you use? (Moving OT)

Scott Burns scott at mirrabooka.com
Tue Feb 10 01:07:24 UTC 2004

Bevan Bennett wrote:

> I still haven't forgiven midnight commander for being a command only
> one key off from 'mv'.
> I'd go to move a file, slip one key to the left (my touch typing
> wasn't very good back then) and this confusing curses-based thing
> would pop up and start configuring itself.
>
> How sad is it to hold grudges against software programs...

    I still havn't forgiven the idiots who made an 'e' command to start
emacs and put it into /usr/local/bin on some SCO systems.  'e' to exit,
'e' to exit, 'e' to exit, WTF?!?!?!

    And for a vi user like myself, trying to remember that
Alt-Shift-Ctrl-Meta-Meta-Hop on one leg-x-x-die you $%^#$@ sequence was
next to impossible...

    I've been considering a 'y' command to start vi as revenge.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems

Tel +61 7 3857 7899