Make install Problems

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 10:16:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 09:58, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Hello? Why on earth is /usr/local a vfat (fat32 presumably) formatted?
> vfat does not know anything about symlinks, it's NO LINUX filesystem.
> Exactly that I assumed in my previous posting yesterday.

Yep I suppose that could be the problem :-|. I apologise for innate
stupidity. This i suppose leads me onto my final question.

How can I reformat to ext3 without losing all the data on /usr/local/?
Can I do it without a re-install? It's taken me a week to get the
computer sorted and I don't really want to have to go through it all
again.