consolehelper issues

Matt H. helios82 at optushome.com.au
Tue Feb 10 13:23:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:10:26 -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:

<snip>

> Makes sense, but I don't think that is the problem here.  I would appear
> that something breaks during the execution of consolehelper.  I keep
> dorking with it, thanks for trying to help.
>
> -Jim P.

Jim, see check that /usr/bin/redhat-config-network point to
/usr/bin/consolehelper. Also check your /etc/pam.d/redhat-config-network
and /etc/security/console.apps/redhat-config-network exist and are
configured properly. This following HOWTO, written by yours truly, may
help:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/matt_hansen/nautilus/

--
Matt