Mozilla crashes on brand new Fedora

azoele at katamail.com azoele at katamail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:53:31 UTC 2004

Hi all,

after some use with Fedora, customized with a stock 2.6.1 kernel and updated modutils, I managed to break everything by crazy updates to the system.
I erased everything and reinstalled from scratch, this time downloading the kernel 2.6.1.xxx and modutils from the Fedora development branch.
The system goes very well, but now, Mozilla crashes irreparably... never happened before with Fedora and my compiled kernel.

It happens the same thing with Firefox, just downloaded, every once in a while, it would just crash with no error...

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
The rest of the distribution is fairly stock (I only downloaded rpms of alsa libs/drivers/utils).

I am a bit unprepared to deal with this because it never happened to me to have mozilla/firebird/firefox simply die on a distro I had already installed and tha tworked perfectly...

Thanks,

Lorenzo