RH 9 modem drivers

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 10 17:08:43 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 10.02.2004 schrieb Steve um 17:35:
> Hi
> I'm running fedora core one on an intel based system.  I have an intel 537 chipset software modem that is acting up.  I downloaded the RH 9 drivers for it from redhat.com, but when I use KPPP to dial using it my computer freezes.  Would it be the driver or KPPP?  I know the modem works because I use it in WinXP.  If anyone knows about this, please help me
>
> --steve

I do not know your modem, but typically a driver for it is kernel
dependant. So it is no wonder if a driver for RH9 does not work for FC1.
You must get a driver fitting your kernel.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 18:07:11 up 1 day, 20:49, load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.14
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]