Free86 Test Upgrade - Terrible Results

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 22:04:11 UTC 2004

David Cary Hart said:
> Thus ends my "testing" path on Yum. After installing the Free86 upgrade,
> my system slowed to a crawl.

You should be talking to Fedora-Test-List.

> Strangely, I reinstalled the prior rpms using --oldpackage and that did
> not restore functionality. I'm not referring to a slight decrease. I
> mean SLOW!
>
> I uninstalled all the Free86 stuff and then reinstalled. Same problem. I
> ended up rebuilding the entire system.

But this message is worthless because you have destroyed any evidence of
what the issue was.  You are now just one data point that says "don't
work" without any information that can contribute to fixing the problem.

If you choose to try testing again in the future:
a) send messages to the right list
b) post your questions when troubleshooting the issue is a possibility.
--
William Hooper