Mozilla crashes on brand new Fedora

Tue Feb 10 22:24:12 UTC 2004

Thought I sent this earlier, but an evolution crash may have sent it to
the bit-bucket...

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 12:00, Joshua Levitsky wrote:
> [...]

Have had problems in the past with mozilla and firebird plugins that
were build against different glibc versions - particularly java.

Check your /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and /usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins
directories.

> > The rest of the distribution is fairly stock (I only downloaded rpms of
> alsa libs/drivers/utils).
> >
> > I am a bit unprepared to deal with this because it never happened to me to
> have mozilla/firebird/firefox simply die on a distro I had already installed
> and tha tworked perfectly...

Adding a development series kernel and modutils to the mix makes it no
longer stock.  Do you have the problems with a stock Fedora Core 1
kernel?

Perhaps some of the other packages need to be upgraded as well?
(http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/RPMS.kernel/)

I also tried to go down the path of upgrading FC1 with 2.6.1 and other
development packages and ended up with an unstable mess.  A clean
install of development test1 (or Fedora 1.90) did away with a lot of the
problems.
--
Phil