PHP & Postgresql: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Wed Feb 11 04:30:32 UTC 2004

Gordon Moyer became daring and sent these 0.4K bytes,
> I upgraded from 7.2 to Fedora about two months ago.  I am current on update
> packages.
>
> I'm trying to run postgresql with PHP and am getting error:  Call to
> undefined function: pg_connect().
>
> >From phpinfo(): '--with-pgsql=shared'.
>
> What's wrong??

Check to see if php-pgsql is installed via: "rpm -q php-pgsql" and if it
does not throw anything back in the console (as root) you will need to
install that package.

Aaron Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us - JID: mindstorm at jabber.avlug.org
The essential feature of complex behavior is the ability to perform
transitions between different states ... Complexity is concerned with
systems in which evolution, and hence history plays or has played an
important role in the observed behavior.