a lot of problems can be traced to

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Feb 11 07:12:54 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 17:32, alan wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, amazing powers of observation wrote:
>
> > the burning of the iso image on to cd. checking the midsums and all i
> > have found it better to burn the cd at ratio 1 to 1. if you go to fast
> > it blurs the data or looses information. remember burn slow and your
> > install will improve
>
> If that is the case, then you need a new burner. Properly operating
> hardware will not do that.

Maybe this is a bug I have just installed a brand new 52x writer and if
I cut @ anything over 16x my discs fail,
I swopped the writer three times and the same thing happens, I have
since changed the brand twice and I get the same results on 4 different
systems ranging from my first PC a p3 900 256mb ram
to my new P4 3gig with 1 gig ram. The funny thing is its no linux
because Windoze also does this

If you say the hardware is not operating properly then there must be a
manufacturing flaw in all these device, which is not impossible.
I will let the manufacturers know (Mitsumi, LG , MSi)

My 2 cents
Chadley