Red Hat Network Update Notification

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Wed Feb 11 08:22:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:45:17 -0800, Dougga wrote:

> Hey,  I'm having two issues with the up2date function on fedora core 1:

Makes one wonder why you attached your message as a reply to a "Promise
Fast Track 378 TX S-ATA Kernel Module HOWTO for Fedora"?

> I updated the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file with some local repositories
> (here they are)
>
> yum fedora-core-1 ftp://rpmfind.speakeasy.net/linux/fedora/core/1/i386/os
> yum updates-released ftp://rpmfind.speakeasy.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/1
> #yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1
>
> Now I find that I have blazing speed on the updates but...
>
> 1)  the notification icon claims everything is up2date even though things
> aren't.
>
> and
>
> 2)
> even though I've downloaded every key I can think of from fedora and redhat,

Downloading keys is not enough. You need to import them into the RPM
database or import them directly via network. So, how about showing which
keys you have imported already?

> I get loads of errors stating that the gpg key is wrong.

For example?