PHP & Postgresql: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Feb 11 14:45:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:41:16 -0800 Gordon Moyer <gmoyer at aracnet.com> wrote:

> ..But when I do a "locate pgsql.so" it returns nothing.  Could there
> possibly be something wrong with the rpm install?

interesting.

on my RH 8.0 laptop (i'll upgrade it to fedora some day...), locate
pgsql.so finds:

$ locate pgsql.so
/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so
/usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so

of which the former is libraries to support the native PostgreSQL
language pl/pgsql, and the latter is the php4 support libs.

i tried on my fedora core 1 system, didn't get the php4 libs, then
remembered that it's set up for java/postgresql, and has no
php at all. however, the rpms should be placing the files in the
same place on RH 8 as on fedora core 1, the RH 8.0 answers
should line up with the expected fedora answers.

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net