Link for new fedora users

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 11 16:21:26 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 18:32, Mike Lurk wrote:
> Here is a Link for all New Fedora users. It has a lot of tips and
> HOW-TO's. It's a good starting point. If the answer you are looking
for
> is not there then come back and ask.
>
> http://fedoranews.org/

Thanks for this. I am Gavin Henry, one of the writers. We have various
great
features on the site and it is regularly updated.

> A lot of questions asked here on this mailing list are answered there.
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I am not trying to be mean or anything but too many questions are
> being asked that have already been covered. This link provide most of
> the answers to the questions being asked. So all the newbies check out
> the link first. Some of the how-tos are a little out dated but are
still
> valid.

I would interested to hear which howtos/tutorials are out of date? I am
about
to update the review and howto on Mozilla Firebird to the new Firefox
and
also another one on nvu (www.nvu.com) and amanda.

Again which ones in particular?

Thanks,

Gavin.

- --
Regards

Doh! My mistake, it has been updated since the last time I looked at it.
Also, it seems that I did not look close enough the first time I looked
at the site. I didn't notice the arrows, to go to the next page for that
tutorial. You might want to mention on the Acrobat reader tutorial there
is a good site that has already prepackaged the files.

http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads.html

It also has others as well. Check it out.

There is one tutorial that you might want to consider, that is a how-to
on installing ALSA. I know ALSA will be included with FC2 test 1 but how
many people will go that route right away. If you need help with the
tutorial let me know.

One more thing you should mention to users it is better to download from
a mirror site other than the Fedora site, its very slow at times, very
busy ( unless I missed that as well).

Keep up the good work.

Mike