yum and network blues . . . a mighty help anyone ? [SOLVED]

Thiers Botelho thiers at fosfertil-ultrafertil.com.br
Wed Feb 11 18:50:38 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Thnx a lot for all the help. I've already downloaded headers thru yum and
next I will address an issue on missing GPG keys for updating. Issues
solved:

        - the exported variable name was upside down. Correct one:
http_proxy (that was an UGLY slip).     :))

        - I DO have to provide the proxy password within the variable, as
yum does not prompt for it and immediately fires up an [HTTP Error 407:
Proxy Authentication Required].

        - Domain name needs NOT to be specified in the variable.

        - I removed from yum.conf all URLs with IP addresses - not needed
at all.

Cheers

Thiers