vsftpd

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Wed Feb 11 17:53:19 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 11:30, Bill Gradwohl wrote:
> Does anyone have vsftpd working via xinetd?
>
> I checked the archives and found nothing on this. Google was no
> help either.
>
> It works fine as a regular service, but I keep getting 500 OOPS -
> Could not bind to listening socket messages when xinetd has it
> listening.
>
> I've turned listen on and off.
> I've turned tcp_wrappers on and off.
> I've turned connect_from_port_20 on and off.
> netstat -ta shows it listening when xinetd controls it, but I can't
> connect from localhost or any other box.

I haven't done it under Fedora but I do use it under xinetd under RH9.
Make sure you specify:

"Listen = NO"

in vsftpd.conf

and "chkconfig --list | grep vsftp" should show all levels as
configured to "off"

"service vsftpd status" should also show the service as stopped

Here's a copy of my /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd file:

service vsftp
{
        disable = no
        socket_type = stream