Upgraded kernel - much confusion!

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 11 18:50:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 12:54, Will Clifton wrote:
> >
> > I ended up installing a custom kernel (back to 2.4.x) that has support
> > for my TV card. The new WinTV-PVRs no longer use a bttv chip, it's
> > connextant instead and there's not much linux support yet. I am in the
> > middle of configuring mythtv, so far nothing but snow on the screen but
> > I'm working on it.

rockwell semiconductors aquired brooktree in 1998 and spun the combined
company out as conexant in 1999.  many conexant parts work identically to
their brooktree analogs the bt878a for example is still the same chip. and
is used in many of the tv capture boards...

The new dvb/pvr boards are another matter though.

there's a driver here for the hauppuage pvr250/350

http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/

for the dvb cards there are drivers through:

http://www.linuxtv.org/dvb/

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu