up2date/yum troubles

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 11 20:00:08 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 11.02.2004 schrieb Bevan C. Bennett um 20:38:
> mmarkiw at speakeasy.net wrote:
>
> > Now, when I try to run the update agent, I get messages saying that there isn't a GPG signature or that the GPG signature doesn't match.  It takes forever to download and frequently hangs, forcing me to kill the application.  Does anyone have any suggestions for fixes or at least more things for me to check?  Its killing me to run a box with unpatched software.
>
> This question (or similar) gets asked a -lot-.
> Don't we have a FAQ up yet?

I wrote this:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html

a couple of days ago, when the last kernel update cause same issues.

A revised article is in the queue for being placed in contributors area
on www.fedoranews.org. Should be available tomorrow I think.

> The main repositories are overloaded, resulting in the occassional
> corrupted download (thus the GPG check failure).
>
> Use a mirror instead.
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 20:57:49 up 2 days, 23:40, load average: 1.39, 1.24, 1.14
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]