Invisible https on Mozilla 1.4.1 [WAS - yum and network blues . . . a mighty help anyone ?]

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 20:42:58 UTC 2004

Thiers Botelho said:
> William Hooper quoting Thiers and asking:
>
>>> BTW, 1 - I can browse normally on Mozilla (after explicit proxy
>>> authentication request), although It doesn't open https site above
>>> (probably a certificate issue).
>
>> Is this using just username:thiers, password:my_password_here ?
>
>> William Hooper
>

> Hi William,
>

> Since you asked,

Actually I was just fishing for how your proxy expected the info to help
with the yum issue :-)

>the whole Mozilla story is:
>
> When accessing first URL after opening Mozilla, login and password are
> required for authentication to the ISA server (proxy).
>
> I can browse normally on most sites but, when pointing to

> I received a dialog box entitled 'Alert' with the msg:
>
>                 lists.linux.duke.edu could not be found. Please check the
> name and try again.
>
> When pointing to that same URL from IE or Opera on Windows, I receive some
> notification about irregular certificate, install it anyway and can then
> access normally.

The certificate is probably a non-issue.  Some sites just don't pay a
"trusted vendor" for a certificate, but Mozilla should prompt you just
like the other browsers do.

Starting simple, do you have your proxy set in the "SSL Proxy" line in
addition to the HTTP line?

--
William Hooper