Mozilla and firebird

Schlueri schlueri-lists at schlicker.org
Wed Feb 11 23:15:16 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 12.02.2004 schrieb Juan L. Pastor um 00:09:
> Hi!
>
> I have installed in my Fedora system both mozilla and mozilla-firebird.
> Is there any reason for that when I have already open a mozilla window,
> and I try to open a firebird one, another mozilla window opens? Same
> happens if I try to open a mozilla window when I already have a firebird
> one, another firebird opens...

Yes, there is.

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html

Take a look to http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html and
'$ vi /usr/bin/mozilla'

The Mozilla start script checks if mozilla is already started.
The remote client and script from mozilla-firebird does the same
(i.E. use of DAG's RPM) and the remote client speaks to mozilla to open a new window.
I've use the mozilla.org gtk/xft binary of fresh mozilla firefox and write my own script,
now one it's indepentend from the other.

This all prevents you from "Profile in use" notification on start mozilla/firebird twice.

Dirk