What's a good WM for a DX4-100 w/ 16Mb

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Thu Feb 12 01:35:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:55:53 -0800 (PST)
Joel Jaeggli <joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> ratpoison is an extremely lightwieght window manager, in fact in most
> cases you can throw out your mouse...
>
> http://ratpoison.sourceforge.net/
>
> joelja

And don't forget AfterStep (www.afterstep.org). Version 2.0 is still
beta, but 1.8.1 still does the job pretty well (been using it for 2+
years already, no complaints except for the lack of support for TTF --
which will be addressed on 2.0).

Just my $0.02

Best,

Andre

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Bevan C. Bennett wrote:
>
> > John Wendel wrote:

> > > I really like XFCE too, but for this box I think I'd try blackbox
> > > or fluxbox.
> >
> > I still prefer fvwm2 for lightweight WMing.
> >

> --

Andre Oliveira da Costa