IPTABLES configuration utility.

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Thu Feb 12 11:46:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 19:16, WipeOut wrote:
> I am setting up my server (no X installed) and have just used the text
> based firewall utility to setup my firewall..
>
> How good is the firewall configuration utility that comes with Fedora??
>
> My alternative is to use the firewall module that comes with Webmin
> which is more elemental.. Editing the rules directly is not an option
> since it would take me forever to learn how to do and I really don't
> have the time, I need to get this system live..
>
> Later..

I don't know if this will help with "Editing the rules directly" since
it requires that you edit text files as well... but shorewall is a nice
"interface" to iptables, if you can even call it that. available at
fedora.us, or the latest version at www.shorewall.net, it's basically
just entering source, destination, and ports. you don't have to learn
the syntax for iptables. it's pretty easy to use, plus there are already
sample files to download for 1, 2, or 3 ethernet machines.

dex