Core 1 install issues

Edward Brookhouse ebroo at phillips.com
Thu Feb 12 13:47:06 UTC 2004

I am trying to install core 1 on a Compaq C2000 (older 2u PIII 400 1gig ram
ATI Mach 64 Video)

I have not been able to get the install past the point of anaconda probing
the videa/monitor.  At this point the install/computer freezes.
The video card is an on-board ATI Mach 64, which was detected correctly, but
I replaced with a Matrox Mill just to see if that would have an impact -
anaconda detects it correctly but still locks up. The first monitor was a
compaq V70, which anaconda is unable to determine. I replaced that with a
Compaq V55(newer) and anaconda correctly probes this one, but still locks at
this point.

I tried doing a noprobe install same results.

Any thoughts on how to get around?

Thanks

Edward B.
ebroo at phillips.com