Invisible https on Mozilla 1.4.1 [WAS - yum and network blues . . . a mighty help anyone ?]

Thiers Botelho thiers at fosfertil-ultrafertil.com.br
Thu Feb 12 16:17:49 UTC 2004

Hi William,

|Thiers Botelho said:
|> William Hooper quoting Thiers and asking:
|>
|> Since you asked,
|
|Actually I was just fishing for how your proxy expected the info to help
|with the yum issue :-)

Yeah, I thought about that, but since as a matter of principle I never
reject an offer for help . . .          :))

|>the whole Mozilla story is:
|>
|> When accessing first URL after opening Mozilla, login and password are
|> required for authentication to the ISA server (proxy).
|>
|> I can browse normally on most sites but, when pointing to

|> I received a dialog box entitled 'Alert' with the msg:
|>
|>                 lists.linux.duke.edu could not be found. Please check
the
|> name and try again.
|>
|> When pointing to that same URL from IE or Opera on Windows, I receive
some
|> notification about irregular certificate, install it anyway and can
then
|> access normally.
|
|The certificate is probably a non-issue.  Some sites just don't pay a
|"trusted vendor" for a certificate, but Mozilla should prompt you just
|like the other browsers do.

When I was driving to work this morning the right side of my brain
delivered the possible answer to the problem in a wide tray.

But since I've been rather busy the whole morning, doing some boring work
on the dark side (w-------) of my dual-boot box, I didn't have a chance to
check it yet.

|Starting simple, do you have your proxy set in the "SSL Proxy" line in
|addition to the HTTP line?

And that's exactly what had came to me earlier - I'm 90% sure I don't have
proxy settings for anything besides HTTP on Mozilla.

Either you and I have some kind of telepathic connection, or you have
become VERY seasoned on catching other people's         dumb mistakes and
oversights . . .        :))

|William Hooper

Cheers

Thiers