No MP3 support for XMMS

João Oliveira cravas_freelancer at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 20:08:47 UTC 2004

Hi all

It´s my 1st real run on a Linux machine after several tries in other distros
a loooooong time ago.

After installing FC_1 on my PC I tried to play some music (MP3s files in a
CD) in XMMS but i´ve received this notification applet that said that due to
legal issues regarding licenses, RedHat didn`t support MPEG files in that
application.
I`ve tried Rhythmbox but it doesn´t recognize the files also, although
through explorer I see the files with the mp3 icon.
This happened in my account and also on my brother´s. Haven´t tried it in
root but think it will be the same.

Has anyone already spoke about this or is there any way around it?!?
I´m trying to put up three PCs together with the sole intention of mixing
music (DJaying) and my hole collection of music is in MP3.

Tkx in advance
Joao Oliveira alas So|!d A!r