Add vncserver to init (startup)

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Thu Feb 12 20:56:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 15:52, Paul Dubinsky wrote:
> At 03:33 PM 2/12/2004, you wrote:

> >How can I ad the vncserver process to startup?
>
> The easy way is to add it to the system boot using Webmin - under the
> System Page.

Not to be mean, but that has got to be one of the silliest ideas I've
heard in quite some time.  If the user installed it via rpm, he should
be able to simply "chkconfig vncserver add".  Or, if he installed it
from tarball, just dump the command in /etc/rc.local.

To suggest that someone install webmin (assuming they didn't already
have it) just to enable a startup service is just wrong.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting