FC2 test 1

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 13 00:40:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Ben Steeves wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 17:37, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > given the increasing size of KDE, maybe it's not all that outrageous
> > to have it on a separate CD.  as i recall, during the install process,
> > you *are* asked if you have additional CDs you want to install, and
> > that's the perfect place to add it, no?
>
> Maybe we should take it further, and use themed CDs... so you'd have:
>
> CD1: Basic server or workstation install (with GNOME)
> CD2: OpenOffice & other Office Suites
> CD3: KDE & other "alternative" environments

since I run a mirror... I typically pxe boot and install via ftp or http,
so the "have everything in one big directory" model which the os directory
and the cd's more or less follow works best. back in the day when the
useful stuff was on the powertools cd adding it was allways an extra step
that made the install process take longer. when the binary packages stop
fitting on a single dvd then I'll be more worried.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu