Figuring out redhat-config-httpd

Jeff Vian jvian10 at Charter.net
Fri Feb 13 00:37:56 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>>This is a big no go! Be sure you have a line in /etc/hosts looking as:
>>>
>>>127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain   localhost
>>>

>>I do have that line. I *added* the other line showing the
>>simpaticus.localdomain name.

If you have 2 lines in hosts with the same IP address it often does not
work correctly.
You should have one line per IP address and can add as many host names
as wanted on that line.

To test if yours sees it properly, a simple ping <hostname> should tell
you the IP address used and if it responds to the ping then that part is
working.
Alexander talks a