NTFS support for Red Hat/Fedora

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Feb 13 03:29:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,

A lot of people in my vicinity have asked about NTFS support and I finally
made some effort to look at the best way to offer it from a repository. So
behold, the new fresh kernel-module-ntfs ! (Hit the mirrors later today)

	http://dag.wieers.com/packages/kernel-module-ntfs/

I also packaged ntfsprogs, Rudolf is still the authority for ntfsprogs but
I wanted it for as many distributions as possible.

The source package is very simple and clever (if I may say so myself), but
you always have to be careful with being too clever so please test and
report!

Sadly, to make my life easier, I only provide these kernel-module packages
for the latest kernels. So if you need support for any of the new kernel
drivers that I'm building, update to the latest kernel.

Specifically for NTFS support you need

	RHFC1	->	2.4.22-1.2166
	RHEL3	->	2.4.21-9.EL
	RH9	->	2.4.20-28.9
	RH80	->	2.4.20-28.8
	RH73	->	2.4.20-28.7
	RHEL2.1	->	2.4.9-e.37
	RH62	->	2.2.24-6.2.3 (just kidding ;))

Here's a list of other kernel-modules I'm building:

	acx100, airo_mpi, cloop, drbd, hsfmodem, ibmasm, ips, ltmodem,
	mpi350, madwifi, ov511, prism54, qc-usb, speedtouch, slmodem,
	thinkpad

Feedback in form of suggestions or bug-reports are very welcome.
(especially SMP feedback)

Kind regards,