'cdrecord' fails consistently with scsi errors

dsavage at peaknet.net dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Feb 13 13:34:49 UTC 2004

On Friday February 13, 2004 "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:
> as another test, i tried another burn explicitly at speed=1:
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in real TAO mode for single session.
>                                  ???  i typed "speed=1"
[snip]
> man, this is getting expensive in terms of coasters.  dang.

Robert,
Could this be a tiny bit of a hardware problem? Specifically, a "lintware"
problem? Have you tried taking a Q-tip dipped in alcohol (Everclear works
very nicely for this) to clean the lens. I've seen miraculous cures in
some misbehaving CD drives after a little maintenance.
--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL