Fedora newsgroup?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Feb 13 18:46:26 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 16:17, William Hooper wrote:

> > Why isn't this done with a newsgroup? It seems to me that it would be
> > much easier to follow topics?
>
> Same as when this was discussed last time.  If you prefer a usenet
> interface http://www.gmane.org/ is your friend.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to subscribe to this newsgroup under KNode.
I've added news.gmane.org as a news server,
and have listed (under KNode) all the groups available from that server.

I am told it is already subscribed as gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

However, when I ask KNode to list the groups available from news.gmane.org
I get a long list of groups,
but no groups with name starting gmane...
Nor is there any fedora group under linux. or redhat.

Is anyone successfully getting this mailing-list as a newsgroup from gmane?

Am I misunderstanding the instructions in some way?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366