bind is trying to kill me

sid s.i.d at free.fr
Fri Feb 13 21:36:54 UTC 2004

Don't use Gui to configure bind!
Jf
°L°

-----Message d'origine-----
De : fedora-list-admin at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com]
De la part de Nate Bradley
Envoyé : vendredi 13 février 2004 22:11
À : fedora-list at redhat.com
Objet : bind is trying to kill me

redhat-config-bind creates .zone files with improper syntax.  Also once
bind has been broken, uninstalling and reinstalling the packages doesn't
recreate the original configuration.  The named.custom file is missing
the 'include' line that was there originally, and now when I attempt to
run chroot, named doesn't report it's status.  Could I have other
problems?

What is the 'include' line?  Can someone tell me so I can try to fix
it.  I would hate to have to reinstall the entire OS, which
unfortunately seems to be the only way to fix certain problems with
Fedora. i.e. once up2date broke itself and kept asking me for my RHN
account information.  Simply reinstalling up2date wouldn't fix it.